Monday, September 8, 2008

Hope and Harassment

On Saturday I canvassed my precinct, as did thousands of others across the state. One thing I noticed was that in spite of the media's "unbiased" polls that state that a majority of Californians oppose Proposition 8, I found that about 60% of people support it. Obviously, this gives me hope that California will continue to protect marriage and will avoid the consequences that past civilizations suffered when the immoral became commonplace.

I also learned first hand that some in the No crowd have decided to not play it nice. Two men, one in a Chrysler minivan and another in a black Volvo, were driving around our precinct taking pictures of all of the Proposition 8 volunteers. I expect they were just trying to intimidate us, but it is really disappointing to me that this is what it has come down to. In spite of the "picture taking," I'll be out this Saturday morning again to canvass and encourage people to vote. For any of the No crowd who is reading this...please play nice.

No comments: